photo Header_zpsc98d369a.png

Monday, July 16, 2012

Warriors

I did something way out of my element today. You're probably picturing something really adventurous and cool. Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you. But, nevertheless, for me it was quite the feat. 

I went to do bootcamp at 5:15 a.m. You read that right. A.M. Like it's still dark outside a.m. Like you don't even know if you should eat breakfast because your body might misconstrue it for a midnight snack a.m. 

Because I have VBS every night this week after work, I decided I didn't want to give up on my workouts like I did last week for various reasons. So my friend and I decided we would see how the other half lives. I can now cross this off the "copy these people" list; the list that haunts me when I meet one of the individuals I aspire to be. Obviously, I have a ways to go. 

Be a chipper person who wakes up at 5:00 a.m. and participates in strenuous physical activity.

Be that warrior who says, "No, I'll have a side of apple wedges," when asked if you want fries with that.

Be the person who drives through Chick-fil-a, reads all the "low calorie" options thoughtfully planted in the shrubs as you weave through the line, and doesn't order a chicken biscuit in defiance.

Be the person who says, "Oh, it's raining outside. I can't believe I'm not going to get my 10-mile run in today."

Be the person who can create that perfect pony tail.

Be the person who makes the recipe everyone talks about at an event.

Be the person who thinks almonds are a really good snack.

Be the person who doesn't wash a load of clothes and leave it in there until it needs to be washed again...twice.

Be the person who doesn't look like they just received the worst news of their life in every candid photograph.

Be the person who can stay awake during an entire movie with their husband.

Be the person who irons clothes and doesn't just think, "People will just think I've done a lot of running around today." 

As you can see, I have a lot to live up to. Other women just amaze me, mothers in particular. I've seen women bring their babies to boot camp, rocking their infant between leg lifts. 

How?

Women in front of me who looked like 5 a.m. was a good night's rest.

How?

The girl next to me who can order oatmeal at the best chicken joint in the world. 

How?

I am heading to the gym early for day 2. Who knows-- after a while, maybe I will be able to settle for apple wedges.

2 comments:

  1. Almonds are a horrible snack, I don't care what Self magazine says. And we are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on your way! Apple wedges taste really good with almonds...Mema

    ReplyDelete