photo Header_zpsc98d369a.png

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Top 11 (yes, 11) Things I Miss About Being a Kid

Image

 

Man, VBS makes me miss being a kid. The songs, the motions, the free cookies. As an adult you now realize just how many times you have repeated that verse and that cookies no longer reside all over your fruit punch-stained face, but rather on your derriere. It's made me contemplate the Top 11 (Yeah, just to be different) things I miss about childhood.

1. No one cares if you run around with no clothes on. 

2. You can yell out goofy things in church and people smile at you.

3. Your underwear boasts designs from your favorite show. How come I can't have boy shorts with the cast from "How I Met Your Mother" on it? 

4. You can eat Lucky Charms without Fiber One giving you the stare-down from the top shelf.

5. When you're in a bad mood, you get sent to your room to be alone.

6. People cheer when you go to the bathroom. We could all use a little support now, and I don't mean from a powdered substance mixed in grape juice. 

7. Others force you to take naps.

8. Only requesting two alternating meals doesn't signal immaturity and a lack of adventure. 

9. Getting up at the crack of dawn seemed like a good idea.

10. Your clothes always had a single digit on the tag.

11. You only have to answer to two important questions: "How old are you?" and "What's your name, pretty girl?" One of them can be answered by just holding up a few fingers. 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I really laughed out loud at this one!! So, so funny.....Love, Mema

    ReplyDelete