photo Header_zpsc98d369a.png

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One Liners

Image

I've never really understood legendary romantic one-liners. Probably because I consider myself fairly romantic, but people just flat out don't talk like that. When Justin came to pick me up for our first date, I was so nervous that I sat there and finished my Master's homework assignment. He sat on the couch next to me while I slaved away. My roommates never let me live that down. That's real love: unplanned, awkward, random silences.

Here's what these movie lines turn into when you get hitched: 

"You had me at hello." - Jerry Maguire 

"You had me at jello...pudding." 

"Nobody sits baby in the corner." - Dirty Dancing

"I know there's just two of us, but can we have that large circular booth in the corner? We need elbow room." 

"Here's looking at you, kid." 

"Here's looking for your kid." 

"It wasn't over. It still isn't over." - The Notebook

"I thought the game was over." "It wasn't over. It still isn't over."

"Dancing is just a conversation between two people. Talk to me." - Hope Floats

"Did you seriously just beat me by 100,000 points on Dance Central. You don't even know how to dance." 

"Goodnight, goodnight, sleep well and when you dream, dream of me..." - Westside Story

"You must have had crazy dreams last night. You were tossing and turning." "Well, you didn't snore. I really think it only happens when you eat a lot of cheese." 

 "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it." - City of Angels

"Your hair smells good. Did you wash it?"

So as you can see, unscripted life kind of lacks the eloquence that Hollywood demands. But happiness comes anyway.

And sometimes waits until you finish your homework.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment