photo Header_zpsc98d369a.png

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Models vs. Rednecks

How many of you have seen Honey Boo Boo? Though I haven't seen the premiere of her own personal show, I have been graced with her presence several times on "Toddlers and Tiaras," a guilty pleasure show I can recite a criticizing dissertation on in the same breath that I cackle at the spectacle.

Long story short, Honey Boo Boo is a little six-year-old redneck pageant queen with a family that, of course, represents the South in such a classy fashion. You just never know what is going to fly out of their mouths. Please, please tune in to the video I am posting at the end of this so you can be properly introduced.

I was flipping through a fashion magazine the other day and I couldn't stop thinking, "These models dress like this, say it's in style and we get made fun of?" I guarantee if I wore any of the looks they were sporting, I would be laughed out of work and most of my friend circles.

So, though I am not always proud of my other Southern brothers and sisters, I have to give them props for being...uh...sort of in style. And I think I'm going to have to go with their take on the subject.

Models in Plaid. The fabric store called. They want their entire plaid section back. 

Image

One of the ONLY times you will hear me say that Larry the Cable guy looks better than a model. 

Image If Justin wore this to work, being splashed with red paint by a PETA activist would be the least of his worries. 



If he wore this to work, he would be crowned a hero and would make 30 new friends.

Image

Wow. This makes the people of Wal-Mart look like the Kardashian family. 

Image

I would rather wear a tree than look like the bird that's in it. 10 points to Camo girl. 

Image

In the swimsuit competition, I think the models still have us edged out: 

Image

Image

Being Southern is a bit like being a sibling. You can punch your brother in the arm as much as you want, but as soon as someone in school tries, you're all over them like Arkansas mosquitos. I can make fun of my redneck community all I want-- but one look at your silly, skinny, ridiculously-dressed models and I know whose side I'm really on.

As promised: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABzMAuI1vj0&feature=youtu.be

1 comment: