photo Header_zpsc98d369a.png

Friday, May 3, 2013

17 Problems I Haven't Had Since Harding

20130503-153806.jpg

1. This fruit parfait is $8.50. This muffin the size of my face is $2. Save the diet or save the DCB bucks?

2. In Christian Home class. Must listen carefully to class discussions and pick out husband accordingly. Male chauvinists in the back, future dad material in the front.

3. One of the sophomores in my social club just yelled at me for messing up my Bible verse. This is by far the hardest week of my entire life.

4. It’s spring. Time to be politically incorrect, don my Asian attire and dance to the latest hits. This is by far the best week of my entire life.

5. I only have a $10 bill and everyone in the Student Center is going to Africa.

6. Attila the Hun has R.A. lobby duty. Must use the back door. Or my skirt that shrunk in the wash is TOAST.

7. None of the Bison Daze high school kids took my chapel seat. I guess I’ll have to stay while my friends head to the Student Center for a chicken biscuit.

8. Going to take a shortcut between two buildings. Accidentally stumbled upon a couple having their own “open house” under the stairwell.

9. I grabbed a to-go tray when I entered the cafeteria, but saw some friends on the way out. Cafeteria worker kicked me out because of my costly Styrofoam decision. Not leaving? That will cost you two swipes.

10. Please don’t make me play Apples to Apples at a coffeehouse. Putting Hitler as your happy card is not ironic. Stop saying ironic.

11. I wish the guy next to me in chapel would take a bath every once in a while and not wear his Spiderman pajama pants.

12. Guess I’m going to have to get the guts to ask this guy next to me in World Lit if he wants to go to a function with me. And then discreetly throw in that he also has to dress up like a Christmas tree.

13. I swear she’s been on the front lawn all day. I wonder what her major is. Sign me up.

14. What are Chacos? What is North Face? Must get both. And wear both together at the same time.

15. My Bible professor just had us buy a book with the word “radical” on it. He’s so current and “gets us.” I love him.

16. This girl behind me thinks she can hit the “Amen” part in “O Lord, Our Lord.” She can’t.

17. Going to Greece for a semester doesn’t make you an expert on ancient Biblical texts, sister. So put your hand down, stop saying, “Well, when I was in Athens,” and leave it to the person who say…got their doctorate in it.

3 comments:

  1. Trying to find a place to watch a movie with your significant other that isn't taken and won't get you kicked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Good one! A couple favorite was right in front of my office door at "The Bison." I had to step over some love birds one time. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couple with excessive cuddling in the lobby or making out by the door...or in the crack beside Kendall. "Don't mind me. Just trying to go to my dorm."

    ReplyDelete